Junior Clinic Nomation Form
CDS Junior/Young Rider Clinic Information
Dates: March 31- April 2, 2017
Clinician: Stephanie Schauer
Location: W Farms, Chino Hills, CA
Interested junior/young riders should do the following:
- Be a San Diego Chapter member in good standing for a minimum of one year with 2017 CDS dues paid
- Must be under 22 years old
- Rider must be able to walk/trot/canter with proper diagonals and leads (Training Level minimally)
- The rider must have a sound, fit, and in good condition, familiar equine partner presenting as a horse/rider team
- Rider must be actively riding as demonstrated by current dressage lessons with their horse for the past 6 months
*Submit this information no later than February 24, 2017
*Riders are chosen by draw. One representative and one alternate will be chosen and notified during the month of March.
*San Diego Chapter will pay for one Junior/Young Rider to attend the clinic and provide a travel grant to cover expenses such as stabling, hauling, and hotel.
Clinician – Stephanie Schauer
Stephanie is an accomplished dressage rider and trainer. She has trained several horses to FEI levels and loves working with young horses to give them a good foundation. She works with horses and riders of all levels to help them reach their goals.
Stephanie grew up riding under the watchful eyes of Willy Arts at DG Bar Ranch. She has made her way up through the levels on numerous horses, winning several year end awards and championships both as a Junior and in the open classes. With JW she competed twice at the Cosequin Junior Young Rider Championships, earning a team silver medal in both 2001 and 2002. In 2004, with Jasper, she earned a spot on the Region 7 YR team and they won a team gold medal. In 2012, Stephanie and Bonameer DG competed in Chicago at the USDF Young Horse Championships.